Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Blog, New Goals

As we enter this new year, we are no longer in the "ohs."  Every new year, millions (probably billions) of people make resolutions, most of which will probably be broken some time before spring rolls around.  People resolve to lose weight, to read more, to watch less television, to be a better husband/wife/father/mother/daughter/son.  Resolutions are good, but I didn't want to make resolutions this year.  Everybody does it, so I wanted to do something different.  Therefore, I'm making goals for 2010.

Let me note now that I already typed out my goals for 2010 and saved them to my external hard drive.  Then my hard drive crashed, so I no longer have my original set of goals.  I think there were about 12 of them because 12 is my favorite number.  It seemed like a good number to me.  If I only made a few and didn't meet all of the goals, I'd beat myself up about it.  If I make too many, I'm again setting myself up for failure because I won't be able to meet all of my goals.

Without further ado, here are my goals for 2010 (the ones I remember, at least).

1.   Grow closer to God.  I want to make sure that people know that I'm just an instrument of the Almighty.
2.   Finish my MBA.  I'm on track to complete it in December.
3.   Redesign my web site.  Look for the redesign of J McKnight Photography to come early in January.
4.   Four weddings and a funeral. I want to shoot at least four weddings this year.  I was just kidding about the funeral.
5.   Blog regularly.  I want to update this blog at least twice every week.  One update will be photography related and the other will be personal.
6.   Read six books.  My plan is to read at least four business related books and two photography related books.  If the books happen to overlap, that's just a plus.  When I finish a book, I'll post a review here on my blog.
7.   Run in three 5k races.  This will give me a goal to stay in shape in a round-about way.
8.   Stop biting my fingernails.  This one's been on my list for a while.  Hopefully this is the year I succeed at doing it.
9.  
10.
11.
12.

I'll update this post as I remember the last five of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment