Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas, One Month Later

I was reminded by a photographer friend today that it is January 25, or one month after Christmas.  So I thought I would take a little time to write out my Christmas memories for 2009.  This was MB's second Christmas, and the first one where she was aware of what was taking place.




She enjoyed opening presents, but I really think she got more of a thrill out of the paper than the gift it hid.



MB had a great time and got plenty of kisses from the "Sugie Monster" (aka Uncle Dave).

Christmas morning, she was excited and ready to see what Santa had brought for her.  Seriously, how can you not smile when she's looking at you like this?

She pulled everything out of her stocking and then she was ready to move on to the big stuff.  When she saw the slide Santa had left for her, it was all over.  That was it; she didn't care about anything else.  All she wanted to do was slide.






MB had a great time on Christmas, which means that her mother and I had a wonderful time as well.  I always heard my parents and grandparents say that the best part of Christmas wasn't the presents, but that it was the time everyone spent together.  Now that I'm an adult, I realize just how true that is.  Every chance we get to spend with the ones we love should be treasured.  Christmas isn't about giving or receiving gifts; it's about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment